“SPRING CLEANING” A new fresh start! A new energy!
I certainly love spring, I don’t know about you, but to me spring is like a rebirth after the hibernation from winter. Seeing the beautiful flowers, the sun shining on my face feeling the warmth while my girls jump on their trampoline and my husband is doing the thing he does with the garden.. These are the moments where my life feels more abundant and purposeful!
A new season is preparing to come forth. I was laying in my hammock that sits in my alfresco area and I was pondering our connections to nature, the rhythm of the seasons, our time for waking up and our opportunity to start afresh.
‘Spring cleansing’ embraces the notion of new energy and a fresh start. In the busyness of day-to-day life we sometimes overlook these cycles and everything just kind of rolls into one!
But these are some super simple ideas of how we can ‘Spring Clean’.
- Create your own “haven” by cleaning and simplifying your home. Your home is a reflection of the clutter in your mind. I am not at ease when my house is a mess (living with a couple of “hoarders” husband and daughter number 1 is not easy for me)
- Spend some time in your garden, plant some new plants, prune and tidy, get rid of the weeds, or simply observing the beauty in front of you! – Gardens are an extension of your home. They can bring so much joy & colour, especially this time of the year.
- Doing a little health cleanse – simple things like including fresh juices daily or eating more fresh young leafy greens which are so nutrient dense this time of year.
- Cleansing and hydrating your body with plenty of water (with a dash of lemon) so refreshing and revitalising!
- Digital detox – This one is a biggie! We are so connected to our gadgets in this day and age that we need to make a conscious effort to set a time without them.. Why? Because excess technology zaps your energy, disconnects us from those around us. And that includes computer, TV, or time spent on social media. What can you do instead? Plug into the biggest source of energy the SUN! Get outside allow the warmth of the sun to hug you, allow the air to recharge your batteries! And yes – I love barefoot when practical.
- Move your body. The warmer weather and extended sunlight encourages us to be outside and move in nature. Soak it all in, do what brings joy – nature time is so good for our physical and mental wellbeing.
I know the tips I have shared with you may seem relatively simple, but fact is that we don’t change our current situation by reading about things but actually implementing them.. Taking ACTION today!
So what are you committing to do TODAY to have the energy you desire?
If you are feeling depleted and need extra oomph to regain your energy, I have created this little FREE ebook with some practical tips to start replenishing your energy!
You have nothing to lose – but lots of energy to gain
To your thriving wellbeing!
Thriving Strategist and Holistic Health Coach!