Get published on PregFit !
Thank you so much for your interest in contributing to PregFit. We are always looking for well written, engaging content from our community.
We can’t wait to hear from you but before you submit your piece, please kindly take the time to read through the following guidelines and especially the Style guide – how to write for PregFit below.
We accept completed submissions, pitch ideas and PregFIt TV interview suggestions.
Contributors receive full author credit, consisting of a byline and photo and at the head of the post, and line bio and social media/website links at end, as well as their bio on the PregFit contributors page.
Your post will also be shared across all of our social media platforms.
To contribute: Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the content topic eg ‘real life story’ in the subject heading.
PregFit is an online platform where our aim is to connect and engage with pregnant women to be the happiest and healthiest and fittest they can be for themselves and their growing babies.
We hope to create a safe and caring community where the modern pregnant woman/ new mum is free to express and receive support for her innermost thoughts, her fears and doubts during this “unknown” time of her life.
The community we serve enjoys thought provoking, upbeat, useful content and advice, on a range of issues that are relevant to being a pregnant modern woman and the adventures of being a new mum
The primary target market for pregfit.com.au is pregnant women who generally are having their first baby and all the body/hormonal changes are pretty new to her. She is interested in continuing her health/ fit journey and hopefully would recover her pre baby body figure soon enough.
Our reader is curious and complex and has a modern outlook on life. She seeks advice on challenges she is facing whatever her life stage and wherever she is at in her pregnancy journey, and looks to PregFit community as her trusted advisor and friend.
She is interested in embracing motherhood and planning a beautiful glowing pregnancy. She is after relevant and inspiring content which facilitates this.
Content we are after
1. Real life stories
We are after well written thought provoking content, concerning your experience on topics of the following nature:
– keeping fit and healthy during pregnancy
– general wellbeing during pregnancy
– pre natal depression and anxiety
– common fear during pregnancy
– easy recipes to boost the pregnancy mood
– best nutrition during pregnancy
– pregnancy and sexuality
– becoming a first time mother 35+
– personal perspectives on career and baby and work/life/balance.
– single parenting, post-natal depression
– careeer after baby
– body after baby
– labour and birth options
– general pregnancy lifestyle tips
In particular we want to hear your real life stories. The stories for this part of the site should be written in the first person.
Stories with an interesting angle and entertaining tone are preferred, and as well content which is bend towards the age group of the community we serve.
3. Expert content
Are you a subject matter expert able to provide useful information to the community PregFit serves?
Style guide – how to write for PregFit
Structure your feature post in this way:
- Include a catchy headline.
- Start with strong lead sentence or hook, that captures interest and encourages the reader to continue reading.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs.
- Write as though you were writing for one person. Don’t refer to readers collectively – use “you” instead of “us”.
- Consider how your post flows as well as the clarity and structure.
- Use bullet points where necessary.
- Our expectation is for articles submitted to be as ‘publication ready’ as possible and require minimal editing.
- Length of articles should be approximately 400-600 words. Please do not submit articles that are under or over this word limit.
- Use clear, straightforward English.
- If you want to emphasise a phrase or word, use italics rather than underlining as it is may be taken as a link if underlined.
- Titles of books to be presented in italics.
- Spell out acronyms or abbreviations the first time you use them.
- Define all jargon.
- Every effort must be made to assure that news content is accurate. Please be prepared for our fact checkers to confirm sources with you if necessary.
- Please feel free to email us photos you feel may be appropriate for the story (this is appreciated but not essential). Captions and credits should accompany suggested images.
- All submissions may be edited for content, clarity, and length.
- Submit your article on an attached MicrosoftWord document (not in the body of the email).
- Please include a 60 word bio, small headshot (in colour), and your website and twitter handle.
Before you submit your piece, ask yourself these questions:
- Why do readers care about this topic?
- Can we solve problems with surprising, new information?
- How many people does it affect? What ages? Gender? Does the story relentlessly serve the reader?
- What recent studies (no more than one year old) back up your story idea?
- What’s the take home message for readers? What immediate tips does our reader walk away with? Will this help the reader gain greater control over one area of her life?
What we look for
All successful applicants have the following in common:
- They produce well written, authentic, smart, inspiring writing that is interesting and relevant to the PregFit community.
- Their articles present sufficient, stand alone information to the reader.
- Their content is original, and has preferably not been published in similar publications.
- We love writers who can meet our brief and provide interesting stories for our readers on a regular basis.
- They are active members of our community, e.g. subscribers and commenters who ’get’ what we are about.
Articles or stories may be republished but we would greatly appreciate it if when you republish articles that you let us know (so we can share it for you) and say at the end of the post “This article was originally published on PregFit.com.au” and include a link back to PregFit.